Here you will find our top tips on how to get the best out of your candle or diffuser, along with a few facts about our ingredients!

Candle Tips:

1.  Firstly, and most vital, is allowing a 3-4 hour first burn. This prevents tunnelling and will use all of the wax preventing wastage.

2.  Secondly, trimming those wicks! Following a burn, you will often see a small ‘mushroom’ form at the end of the wick. This is a build-up of carbon but it is absolutely nothing to worry about. Trimming your wick to around 5-6mm and removing the ‘mushroom’ will ensure a nice clean and consistent burn each time.

3.  Thirdly, light your candle in a well ventilated area that isn’t draughty. Any draughts will disturb the burn and may destabilise the consistent flame.

4.  Fourthly, I recommend putting out your candle using a snuffer or by ‘wick dipping’. Wick dipping is simply dipping the flame into the melt pool (this can be done using a wick dipping tool or a piece of metal cutlery such as the end of a teaspoon.

5.  Finally, please ensure you always place your candle on a heat proof surface, do not allow your candle to burn below 5mm at the bottom of the vessel, and most importantly, please never leave your candle unattended.

How do I make sure my candle doesn't tunnel?

When burning your candle, the first burn is the most important. You should allow your candle to burn for around 3-4 hours as this allows the wax to melt into a ‘pool’ and acts as a memory for every other burn.

If you only allow a 1-2 hour burn before extinguishing, your candle will not burn to the edges again and only as far as it did on the first burn. This will leave a ‘tunnelling effect’, with excess wax around the sides of the vessel.

What are the benefits of Soy wax?

Whether you use candles and melts as part of a self-care routine or simply to create ambience within your home, you can be assured that utmost care and consideration has gone into selecting the ingredients.

All of the candles are hand poured in small batches using soy wax which is derived from the soya-bean plant. Soy wax is completely natural, biodegradable and free from harmful chemicals such as petroleum oils, carcinogens and other nasty toxins that you can find in paraffin based candles.

All wicks used are also made from cotton.

Soy wax is a vegetable wax and is 100% natural and eco-friendly (no animal products, paraffin or palm oil)

As it is a natural wax, it is non-toxic and is safe for our respiratory systems as it doesn’t release any toxins or carcinogens when it burns

Soy candles burn cleaner and for longer (around 40-50% slower that paraffin meaning your candles will not only be safer but will last you longer)

Soy wax is bio-degradable

As it is biodegradable it is easily washed off hands and clothes with soap and water

Even if your candle isn’t lit, soy wax holds the fragrance so you can still smell it (known as cold throw)

Soy wax burns cooler than other wax as it has a lower melting point

Soy wax leaves little to no soot in your jar ensuring a ‘clean burn’ (there will also be no ‘soot’ or carbon marks left on your walls)

Soy wax is a renewable energy source and is carbon neutral, so you can burn it knowing that it hasn’t had a negative impact on the environment

reed diffusers

REED DIFFUSER INSTRUCTIONS

Unscrew the cap from the bottle, remove the safety plug and screw the cap back on.  Place your reeds in the bottle and fan out.  Once every 1-2 weeks turn the reeds – it is best to do this individually (1 or 2 reeds at a time rather than all at once to promote a longer lasting fragrance). 

WARNING ADVICE

Handle your diffuser with care and avoid getting any of the contents on your skin or eyes.  If you do, wash immediately and seek medical advice if required. Please see our CLP label on the base of the diffuser.  Do not ingest this product.

Keep out of reach of children and pets and away from draughts.

Do not place your diffuser directly onto polished, painted, plastic or leather surfaces, or on top of electrical equipment.

Do not place near naked flames, heat sources or in direct sunlight.